Not found what you were looking for? Please call +31 (0)20 573 03 50 for more info!
What is Family Wellness or Family Wellbeing
Family wellbeing is health and wellbeing for the whole family! It involves creating an environment and lifestyle that supports physical, mental and emotional health for everyone in the family, both children and their parents.
Resorts that we listed within 'Family Wellbeing' offer a wide range of activities including:
- Healthy eating: Encouraging everyone in the family to eat a nutritious and balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats.
- Regular physical activity: Encourage kids to engage in regular physical activity, such as playing sports, going for walks or bike rides, or taking fitness classes. Exercise can help improve physical health, reduce stress, and boost mood.
- Stress reduction: Teaching stress management techniques, such as meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises, to help family members manage stress and anxiety.
- Quality sleep: Encouraging everyone in the family to prioritize getting enough sleep and establishing healthy sleep habits.
- Limit screen time: Set limits on screen time and encourage kids to engage in other activities, such as playing outside, reading or spending time with friends and family.
- Emotional well-being: Encourage kids to express their emotions in healthy ways, such as through art or writing, and teach them healthy coping mechanisms for dealing with stress or difficult emotions.
- Open communication: Encouraging open and honest communication within the family, which can help build stronger relationships and reduce stress.
- Positive family relationships: Building positive relationships and strengthening bonds between family members, which can contribute to a sense of connection and overall well-being.
By focusing on these areas, families can work together to create a supportive and healthy environment that benefits everyone. Family wellness can help to improve physical health, reduce stress, and build stronger relationships, ultimately contributing to a happier and more fulfilling family life.
What can you expect from a Family Wellbeing Holiday
Resorts that we listed within 'Family Wellbeing' offer a wide range of facilities specifically focussing on mainly teenagers and sometimes young children too. A hotel can be considered 'teenage friendly' when it offers amenities, facilities and services that cater specifically to the needs and preferences of young adults. Think of a junior club, sport facilities or sport academy, sport facilities, healthy food options, kids pool or connecting doors. As PureandCure's health and wellbeing resorts mainly carry an adults-only stamp, we mainly focus on young adults or teenagers, from 12 years and above.
Here are some examples:
- Specific family rooms or connection doors: A hotel that offers family-friendly room, such as suites with separate sleeping areas for parents and children or rooms with connecting doors, 2-bedroom apartments etc.
- Organized activities: A hotel that offers a kids club and teenage club with organized activities such as sports, crafts, adventures or scavenger hunts can be appealing to children and teenagers. These activities should be age-appropriate and supervised by trained staff.
- Play areas: A hotel that has dedicated play areas, such as a kids' club or playground. These areas should be safe, age-appropriate and supervised by trained staff.
- Swimming pools: A hotel with a swimming pool that is shallow enough for younger children and includes amenities such as water slides, splash pads or pool toys can be a hit with families.
- Food options: A hotel that offers a children's menu, kid-friendly food options and healthy options, where dining is convenient for families with children.
- Entertainment: A hotel that offers nightly entertainment, such as magic shows, music performances or movie nights, can provide entertainment for teenagers and kids.
Family wellbeing holidays allow parents and children to enjoy extended periods of playful downtime together, away from the stresses of daily life and can strengthen the parent-child bond. They also offer the perfect opportunity for children and adults alike to discover a new hobby or hidden sporting ability, which they can continue long after the holiday. Aside from the physical and emotional benefits outlined above, holidays are also believed to advance children’s brain development and improve concentration skills, demonstrating a clear link between holidays and educational attainment.Overall, It should provide a safe, fun and comfortable environment for families traveling with children.
What makes our Wellbeing Family hotels special?
Those hotels offer any or some of the following programs.
- Healthy eating: Encourage kids to eat a nutritious and balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats. It's important to provide healthy food options at home and to teach kids about making healthy food choices when eating out or at school.
- Adequate sleep: Ensure that kids are getting enough sleep based on their age, and establish healthy sleep habits, such as a consistent bedtime routine and limiting screen time before bed.
- Stress reduction: Teach kids stress management techniques, such as deep breathing exercises, meditation, or yoga, to help them manage stress and anxiety.
- Regular physical activity: Encourage kids to engage in regular physical activity, such as playing sports or going for walks or bike rides. Exercise can help improve physical health, reduce stress and relaxation of the body and mind.