Exclusive and rustic estate in Twente’s countryside with a luxury wellness centre and sincere, personal attention.
Landgoed de Wilmersberg
Where you are going...
In the 1920s, the Blijdenstein textile family from Twente built its country house ‘t Nije Huss op De Wilmersberg in the heart of Twente. This is the place where they received their many guests with hot chocolate and pancakes. The caring Githa and Boudewijn continue this tradition. The estate is located close to the German border, around 30 minutes by car from Enschede and a stone’s throw from Oldenzaal and the picturesque Ootmarsum.
Why you’ll love it...
With an eye for detail and personal attention, the team at De Wilmersberg makes sure you are short of nothing. What else? Views of wide meadows where cows and sheep graze. A relaxed atmosphere in the lounge with an open fire. Comfortable, snug rooms. This destination is a fantastic addition to the Puurenkuur yoga, workshop and relaxation offering.
Wellness, Spa and Health
The Wellness Boutique was completely renewed in 2017 and fitted with a covered pool with jetstream, a whirlpool, Turkish steam room, Finnish sauna, infrared sauna, plunge pool, ice showers, footbath, relaxation areas, changing rooms and a small gym (approx. 20m2). Massages and facials can be booked separately. There are 5 treatment rooms.
Tip: Don’t forget to bring swimwear – you’ll need it to be allowed in the pool. The sauna complex may only be used without swimwear.
Holistic Activities and Sports
- Walking and cycling routes
- Various running routes starting from the hotel
What’s on the Menu
The restaurant at De Wilmersberg is known for its honest dishes, prepared using as many locally sourced products as possible. The vegetarian food is certainly worth a mention: the head chef takes it to the next level, so be sure to try his seven-course menu. Exciting, light and beautifully presented: like dining at a Michelin-star restaurant! The Sneup en Snaaij dinner – a kind of Twente-style tapas – is yummy too. Breakfast is comprehensive and includes many healthy items. For high tea, lunch or a drink, head to the lounge.
- The tree route: an exotic mishmash of hundreds of centuries-old trees that were brought back from travels afar and planted here in 1920.
- A bike tour across the countryside (bikes and e-bikes can be hired from reception).
- At night, it is pitch black. Enjoy the shining starry skies without any light pollution.
- The vegetarian cuisine: haute cuisine! Try the seven-course vegetarian menu
- Lutte's Tea room, on walking distance from the hotel
Good to know
- Puurenkuur guests can make unlimited use of the Wellness boutique throughout their stay. Even if you arrive before the official check-in time of 14.00 hrs
- Parking is free
- Recently renovated wellness centre
- Heated indoor pool
- Lounge with open fire
- Electric scooter and bike hire (additional fee applies)
- 9-hole golf course 1.5km away
- Tennis courts
- Jeu-de-boules court
All 59 modern, fresh rooms are fitter with a telephone, small seat, safe, air-conditioning and flat screen TV. In the bathroom there is a shower, toilet and hairdryer; the Royale rooms have a bath and separate toilet. All rooms come with a Nespresso machine plus capsules, and a kettle plus tea bags as standard.