Yoga, Pilates, Fitness or Meditation in an adults-only wellness resort with healing mineral thermal baths, huge wellness centre and a gastronomical restaurant.
Thermen Bad Nieuweschans
Where you are going...
Thermen Bad Nieuweschans is located in the north of the Netherlands, close to the German border and approximately 30 minutes by car from Groningen. Meander peacefully in your bathrobe through the serene greenery of the enclosed 10-hectares of nature park belonging to the hotel, to the soundtrack of birdsong.
Why you’ll love it...
Thermen Bad Nieuweschans is one of four wellness centres in the Netherlands where you can swim in mineral water pools. Nice and relaxed after the yoga sessions, float away in the healing, warm spring water full of sodium, magnesium, iodine and bromide. There’s also a huge wellness centre and a whole host of beauty treatments, all under one roof for your convenience and enjoyment. You can walk directly from the hotel to the saunas and baths in your bathrobe.
Wellness, Spa and Health
Warm thermal bath with mineral water from a source below Bad Nieuweschans. The sauna complex includes a Finnish sauna, kelo sauna, earth sauna, infrared sauna, herbal sauna, relaxation areas, lavender room, steam rooms and swimming pools. There is also an extensive selection of beauty treatments, various massages, a gym and the outdoor ‘bathrobe park’ (open from April to October inclusive).
Holistic Activities and Sports
- Yoga: beginners and advanced yogis welcome!
What’s on the Menu
Restaurant Norell goes one step further then the traditional chips, saté and salads on offer at most saunas. Here, you’ll get to enjoy gastronomical à la Carte dishes, skilfully prepared with fresh, local and sustainable produce. The restaurant features in the 2017 Lekker Gids 2017 and was voted among the top ten restaurants in Groningen. At Norell, you’ll also see the largest selection of mineral water in the world. Our favourite thirst-quencher is the bling bottle decorated Swarovski crystals. Mornings here begin with an extensive breakfast of regional produce. If you’d rather stay in your bathrobe, head to the brasserie for a tasty, simple dish or make time for a lovely high tea. Since 18th April 2017, the resort opened a third restaurant; the Saunalodge offering yummy Lodge Tapas.
- The barefoot path in the 10-hectare ‘bathrobe park’. Get back to nature and reconnect with the earth for real. You’ll retrain balance in your foot muscles while you walk thanks to the different underfoot surfaces.
- The Steam and Sole Bathhouse. Relaxing thermal water (sole) runs over your shoulders in an aromatic steam room.
- The tasting at Norell. Dessert: a plate of 9 different puddings. Dangerously good!
Good to know
- The thermal pool is to be used with swimwear. The facilities on the sauna complex can be accessed without swimwear
- Indoor pool
- Outdoor pool
- Salt water pool
- Thermal pool with warm spring water
- Salon Bitter Ernst with cosy seating area and open fire.
- Bike hire
- Free parking
The hotel has a total of 67 comfortable and charming rooms with a balcony or terrace. 4 of the rooms are suitable to disabled guests. The rooms have a bathroom with shower and toilet, a telephone, TV, minibar, hairdryer and a safe.Wi-Fi is free in all the rooms.