Lovely 4* hotel situated by the beach and sand dunes of Renesse (Zeeland). Breathe in the fresh sea air, relax and recharge on our yoga weekends.
Hotel De Zeeuwse Stromen
Where you are going...
It doesn’t get any closer to nature than this. In the immediate surroundings of the hotel, you can walk and cycle to your heart’s content. Pick up guides for the best routes from reception. The charming town of Renesse with shops, cafe terraces and nightlife is within walking distance (750 metres). The town of Burgh is a 10-minute drive away. From Utrecht, the trip to the Zeeuwse Stromen takes 90 minutes by car.
Why you’ll love it...
Sustainable relaxation not only means looking after yourself, but also the healing nature around you. Which is why De Zeeuwse Stromen takes good care of its guests and the local nature is lives in and among. Some examples of how the hotel achieves this, is by using LED lighting, solar roof panels, waste sorting and solar boilers that generate heat for the indoor pool among other things. In the kitchen, chefs here use pure, honest, locally sourced ingredients wherever possible. Indeed, for its efforts, De Zeeuwse Stromen was awarded the Gouden Green Key-certificaat, the highest sustainability rating you can get.
Wellness, Spa and Health
The wellness centre at De Zeeuwse Stromen features a steam room, sauna and indoor and outdoor pools. There is also a small gym area with cardio equipment. The outdoor pool is open from mid-April until mid-October.
Holistic Activities and Sports
- During Puurenkuur yoga weekends: Yoga classes for beginner and advanced levels!
- Tennis court and a mini-golf course just 100m away
- Walks along the expansive beach and dunes
What’s on the Menu
Whether the sun is shining or the wind is blowing over the dunes, the vastness, light and smells of the sea cannot be beaten – whatever the season. De Zeeuwse Stromen sources its food ingredients from specialist local suppliers, and so they change with the seasons. The head chef is passionate about wild herbs and plants. As an experienced herbalist, he founded the hotel’s own herb garden and incorporates its crop into the delicious meals served at the restaurant. The Zeeuwse Stromen bar is the place to go for a great cup of coffee (plus homemade cake!), or a drink and a nibble. Lunch is also served at the bar. Furthermore, the hotel has its own beach pavilion, de Haven van Renesse. They use a large selection of fresh products here as well. And they are open all year round, which is unlikely compared to other beach pavilions!
- The beautiful walks through the dunes. Fresh sea air, expansive beach, sprawling dune landscape, fine sand and clear seawater. What more could one desire?
- The spa with indoor and outdoor pool. Take a dip in the outdoor pool or the sea in summer.
- The town of Renesse: stroll along the terraces, shops and restaurants.
- The lazy weekend mornings. Have breakfast until 11.30 and check out till 13.00 pm. That is what we call pure relaxation.
Good to know
- Closest sites of interest: Castle Slot Moermond (1.6km), Oosterschelde National Park Visitor Centre (11.9km) and the Maritime Museum (14.5km)
- 24-hour reception
- Indoor pool (10 x 6 meters, heated to 30-31 ℃)
- Outdoor pool (opened from half April - October - 10 x 6 meters, not heated)
- Turkish steam bath
- Plunge pool
- Solarium (extra charge)
- Parking (extra charge)
- Charging station for electric cars
- Board games/puzzels
- Laundry (extra charge)
- Sun terrace
- Restaurant and bar
- Luggage storage
- Newspapers (extra charge)
De Zeeuwse Stromen has 78 hotel rooms in total. The Duinpark beside the main building houses a further 22 dune rooms, 26 dune apartments and 9 dune villas. All of the rooms at Hotel De Zeeuwse Stromen are decorated in light colours and feature floor-to-ceiling windows that afford a calming feel. All rooms have a TV, telephone, safe, bathroom with bath or shower and a hairdryer. Most rooms can accommodate a child’s cot (for children up to the age of 3) upon request and for an additional fee. Pets are also permitted upon request and for an additional fee.