Lotus Villa is a small-scale Ayurveda resort, where making connections with other retreat guests is very easy. This makes it a perfect place for solo travellers.
Where you are going...
Lotus Villa is situated on the white, sandy Ahungulla beach, where you can enjoy a ten kilometre-walk. The resort itself, surrounded by palm trees and a lovely garden, is a wonderful and calm place for a retreat.
Colombo airport: approx. 1.5 to 2-hour drive
Why you’ll love it...
It is the little details that make this hotel special. The flower petals on the bed on arrival, the smiles on the faces of the incredibly friendly staff. The explanation during meals, the yoga studio with sea views, the flower bath and blessing on departure. Austrian Peter Huber and his Singhalese wife Sumendra founded Lotus Villa in 1995 and have created a little Ayurveda paradise by the Indian Ocean.
Wellness, Spa and Health
Ayurveda is the speciality at Lotus Villa. Four doctors and 16 therapists are on hand to supervise you on your retreat. The programme is not overly rigorous, and consists of around four treatments a day, varying from massages and yoga to herbal therapies. More intensive programmes with six treatments a day are also possible. As significant breaks are factored in, you’ll be occupied between 9am and 3pm. Each day after dinner, you will receive your treatment plan for the following day.
Holistic Activities and Sports
- Extensive weekly activity schedule (including yoga, meditation, tai chi)
- Cooking demonstrations
- Excursions (additional fee)
- Workshops on Ayurveda, nutrition, yoga, astrology, etc.
What’s on the Menu
At Lotus Villa, the chefs cook light and healthy Ayurvedic food. This means no coffee, tea, alcohol or fatty foods. A three-course menu is tailored to your dosha type (body type) at breakfast, lunch and dinner. This might be crackers with homemade jam without added sugar, fruit, soup, and sometimes meat or fish. All the food is delicious and beautifully presented. There is a community table and smaller tables, whatever your preferences.
- The community table, an easy spot to connect with other guests
- From May – September, kids are more than welcome. Childcare is free of charge, there are many activities and there are no extra costs for you to have them stay in the same -connected - room.
Good to know
- Level floors, wide doors and adjustable shower and toilet: this resort is suitable for those who are less mobile
- If you are on an intensive Panchakarma programme (with a minimum stay of 21 days), each kilo you lose you will receive a €50 cash back (available for all stays from May - September)
- Outdoor Swimming pool
- 24-hour reception
- Gift shop
There are nineteen rooms in total. These aren’t excessively luxurious, but they are clean and tidy. The rooms are comfortable, fitted with a ceiling fan, mosquito net, desk and bathroom with shower cubicle. There is no TV or air-conditioning. Nor is there a telephone, but if you need anything, all you need to do is push a button and someone will come to your room right away. Water (hot and cold) is in your room. All rooms have the same look & feel, but differ in the views. Most rooms are located at the frontside, with seaview. Some rooms are located at the back, with gardenview.