Not found what you were looking for? Please call +31 (0)20 573 03 50 for more info!
Why is Jordan such a great Health and Wellbeing destination?
Jordan is considered a great health and wellbeing destination and we listed the reasons why below:
- Natural hot springs and mineral-rich mud: Jordan has several natural hot springs and mud pools that are believed to have therapeutic benefits. These hot springs and mud pools are rich in minerals such as sulfur, magnesium, and calcium, which are known to help relieve muscle pain, improve blood circulation and alleviate skin conditions.
- Dead Sea: The Dead Sea, which is located between Jordan and Israel, is the lowest point on Earth and is known for its high salt content and therapeutic mud. The high salt content of the Dead Sea makes it impossible for organisms to survive, which means the water is exceptionally pure and rich in minerals. This has led to the development of health and wellness resorts around the Dead Sea, which offer a range of treatments and therapies.
- Traditional treatments: Jordan has a long history of using traditional treatments to promote health and wellbeing. These treatments include massage, cupping, and herbal remedies. Many of these traditional treatments have been passed down through generations and are still practiced today.
- Modern wellness facilities: In recent years, Jordan has invested heavily in modern wellness facilities, including spas, gyms and fitness centers. These facilities offer a range of treatments and services, including yoga, meditation and fitness classes.
- Accessibility: Jordan is located in the heart of the Middle East and is easily accessible from many major cities around the world. This accessibility has made it a popular destination for health and wellness tourists from all over the world.
The magic of Wadi Rum
Wadi Rum is a stunning desert valley in southern Jordan that is known for its breathtaking natural beauty and unique landscape. The valley is characterized by towering red sandstone mountains, narrow canyons, and vast expanses of sand dunes, making it a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts and adventure travelers. For those who prefer a leisurely pace, there are many opportunities to relax and take in the natural surroundings. Many visitors choose to spend the night in a Bedouin-style camp, where they can enjoy traditional Bedouin hospitality, delicious food and stunning views of the stars. Wadi Rum is also a popular destination for rock climbers, with many challenging routes throughout the valley. There are routes for climbers of all levels, from beginners to experts. In addition to its natural beauty and outdoor activities, Wadi Rum has a rich cultural history. The valley has been inhabited by the Bedouin people for thousands of years, and visitors can learn about their culture and way of life by visiting Bedouin camps or taking guided tours with local Bedouin guides.
The Dead Sea: a natural wonder
- High salt content: The Dead Sea has a very high salt content, about 10 times saltier than regular seawater. This high salt concentration is due to the fact that the Dead Sea is a landlocked body of water with no outlet. As water evaporates from the sea, minerals and salts are left behind, which increases the salinity.
- Healing effect: The minerals and salts in the Dead Sea are believed to have therapeutic effect that can help alleviate a variety of skin and joint ailments. The high concentration of minerals such as magnesium, potassium, and calcium is thought to help reduce inflammation, relieve pain, and improve overall skin health.
- Unique buoyancy: Because of the high salt concentration, it is virtually impossible to sink in the Dead Sea. This buoyancy makes it a unique and enjoyable experience for visitors who can effortlessly float in the water.
- Stunning scenery: The Dead Sea is surrounded by beautiful mountains and desert landscapes, which provide a stunning backdrop for visitors.
- Historical significance: The Dead Sea has been an important source of salt and minerals for thousands of years. It is also mentioned in several religious texts, including the Bible.
- Environmental uniqueness: The Dead Sea is also known for its unique ecosystem. The high salinity of the water creates a harsh environment where only certain types of organisms can survive, such as salt-tolerant bacteria and algae. As a result, the Dead Sea is a fascinating and important area for scientific research.
Why is Jordan a spiritual destination
Jordan is known for its natural beauty and peaceful atmosphere, which makes it a conducive environment for spiritual reflection and meditation. The country's stunning landscapes, including the Dead Sea, Wadi Rum and the Dana Nature Reserve, are often visited by those seeking a deeper connection with nature and the divine. Spiritual reflection is a practice of looking inward and connecting with one's inner self and higher power. It can take many forms, including meditation, prayer, journaling or simply spending time in nature. One of the benefits of spiritual reflection is that it allows individuals to gain a deeper understanding of themselves and their place in the world. By taking time to reflect on their beliefs, values and experiences, individuals can gain insight into what brings them meaning and purpose in life. Spiritual reflection can also help individuals cultivate a sense of inner peace and calm. In a world that is often hectic and demanding, taking time to slow down and reflect can be a powerful tool for reducing stress and anxiety.