Why is diving so great for wellbeing holidays
Diving can be a great source of wellbeing for a few reasons:
- Mindfulness: When diving, you are fully immersed in the present moment. You need to be aware of your surroundings, your breathing, and your equipment, which can help to calm and focus the mind. This state of mindfulness can be very beneficial for mental wellbeing.
- Stress relief: Diving can be a great way to escape from the stresses of daily life. The weightlessness and peacefulness of the underwater environment can help to lower stress levels and promote relaxation.
- Physical activity: Diving requires physical activity, which can help to improve fitness levels and promote overall physical wellbeing.
- Connection to nature: Diving allows you to connect with the natural world in a unique way. You can observe marine life up close and appreciate the beauty and diversity of the ocean, which can be very grounding and inspiring.
- Social connection: Diving can be a social activity, which can help to improve social wellbeing. You can meet other divers and share your experiences and passion for the ocean.
As you can see, diving can provide a range of benefits for wellbeing, including physical, mental and social wellbeing.
Great places for diving in the world
- The Maldives - The Maldives is a chain of islands in the Indian Ocean known for its crystal-clear waters, vibrant coral reefs, and abundant marine life, including whale sharks, manta rays, and colorful fish.
- The Cenotes, Mexico - The Cenotes are natural sinkholes found throughout the Yucatan Peninsula in Mexico. These underwater caves and caverns offer a unique diving experience and are home to fascinating rock formations, stalactites, and stalagmites.
- Various diving areas in Thailand - The Similan Islands are a group of nine islands located in the Andaman Sea off the coast of Thailand. The waters here are home to a wide variety of marine life, including colorful reef fish, sea turtles, and larger creatures like whale sharks and manta rays.
- The Red Sea, Egypt - The Red Sea is known for its clear waters and colorful reefs, as well as a number of shipwrecks that make for fascinating exploration.
- Komodo National Park, Indonesia - This area is home to some of the world's most unique and fascinating marine creatures, including the famous Komodo dragon, as well as vibrant coral reefs and an abundance of fish.
Great diving spots in Europe
- Madeira - The waters around Madeira offer excellent visibility and a diverse range of marine life, including colorful fish, octopus and larger creatures like rays and sharks. There are also several underwater caves and volcanic rock formations that make for exciting diving sites.
- Malta - Malta is a small island nation in the Mediterranean Sea that offers some of the best diving in Europe. The waters here are home to vibrant coral reefs, underwater caves and a rich variety of marine life, including octopus, barracuda, and moray eels.
- Azores, Portugal - The Azores is a group of islands in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean that offers some of the most dramatic and diverse diving in Europe. The waters here are home to whale sharks, manta rays and numerous species of whale and dolphin, as well as underwater volcanic landscapes and hot springs.
- Costa Brava, Spain - Costa Brava is a rugged and beautiful stretch of coastline in northeastern Spain that's home to some excellent diving spots. The waters here are clear and warm, and the marine life is diverse and abundant, including schools of barracuda, octopus, and lobsters.
- Croatia - Croatia is a country with a long and beautiful coastline that offers some excellent diving opportunities. The waters here are home to colorful fish, octopus, and underwater caves and wrecks, as well as dramatic underwater landscapes.
Some of our Health & Wellbeing resorts are located by the sea, and nearby beautiful diving spots. Think Maledives, Madeira, Mexico, Croatia, Costa Brava, Thailand or Indonesia, making those places ideal destinations for Sports and Dive Holidays. On these active breaks, you can swim, snorkel and dive. An ideal combination of sea, beach and health.