Granola can be easily made at home. Which is healthier mainly as this involves less sugar than the granola available in the supermarket. Plus it does not contain any palm oil.
Preparation time: 20 minutes + 20 minutes baking time = total 40 minutes
- 160 gr oats
- 40 gr chopped nuts
- 2 tablespoons of Ahorn sirup
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 salt
- 2 hands of dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, abricot etc.)
- Optional to top it off with: coconut chips, blue berries, strawberries, raspberries etc
- Preheat the oven at 150 degrees
- Put all the dry ingrediënts in a bowl (except for the dried fruit)
- Mix the dry ingrediënts
- Slowly melt the coconut oil in a pan and add and mix this with the Ahorn sirup and the water
- Add this mixture to the dried ingrediënts in the bowl and make sure it is mixed very well
- Put the granola on a baking tray (with baking paper) en bake this for about 15-20 minutes at 150 degrees in the oven
- Take a look every now and then to see if the granoloa might be finished sooner (this depends on the oven)
- When ready let the granola cool down for at least 10 minutes before you add the dried fruits. And then it is ready to enjoy! And you could save it in a jar for the rest of the week.
- Tip: the granola must be a bit gold/brownish. When you notice this is not the case, put the granola back in the oven for a couple of more minutes.
Source: Healthy Vega